The Pocket Guide to Excellent V-Scoring

 

FAQ # 9 --  Conclusion

 

Far and away the biggest issues associated with v-scored product are panel strength and difficult board separation after assembly. Working with your customers to provide an easily de-paneled product will undoubtedly give you a measurable advantage over your competition. We hope that the charts and recommendations we have supplied here will help you in your quest to identify proper web thicknesses. We also hope that this approach will encourage you to question specifications, be creative, and maybe head off some potential problems at the pass.

 

The Dreaded Disclaimer

 

We have tried to get you to see a process overview. Hopefully this perspective will encourage a commonsense approach to this versatile process. All the charts and example are recommendations only, and are based on standard .062" thick, FR-4 material with a 30 degree cutter angle, and our experience (your specific equipment and tools may vary and, in all ways, always follow all safety guidelines). They will cover 90% of the projects on which you will work. The other 10% will include special projects, surface mount features close to the score line, CEM (which typically requires a much thicker web than FR-4) and other materials.

 

Work Done by:

Phil Altomare, Jr. -- AccuSystems Corporation

Mark Simmons -- V-Score Central

 

Information in this document is subject to change without notice. Other products and companies referred to herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies or mark holders.

 

 

 

 

Our "Hero of the Month" Gallery

Find us

Schedule a Tour
Show More

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AccuSystems Corporation

140 Indepence Lane; Suite #2

Chalfont, PA 18914
info@accusystemscorp.com

Tel: (215) 822-0120

Fax: (215) 997-5544

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Wix Facebook page
  • Twitter Classic
  • Google+ App Icon

© 1997-2014  AccuSystems Corporation.